Our Legacy

Since 1958, when John W. Armiger Sr. founded Dulaney Valley, the cemetery has been privately owned and operated. In 2007, the John O. Mitchell family, owners of the Mitchell-Wiedefeld Funeral Home, Inc. in Rogers Forge, purchased the cemetery and pledged to continue offering premium, high-quality facilities that provide sensitive and caring support for families in the greater Baltimore area.

Our professional and compassionate staff provides comfort and assistance to families in times of need. The cemetery offers property and merchandise including lots, lawn crypts, family and community mausoleum crypts, niches and cremation merchandise such as benches and boulders.

Dulaney Valley Memorial Gardens is dedicated to caring for your family and preserving the heritage of our community.

  • 1958

    Dulaney Valley Opens

    John W. Armiger Sr. founded Dulaney Valley Memorial Gardens.
  • 1963

    Administrative Facility Opens

    Dulaney Valley dedicated the new administrative facility located across from the cemetery.
  • 1967

    Circle of Immortals

    Dedicated and reserved for Marylanders killed in action.
  • 1970

    Memorial Day Ceremony

    The first Memorial Day ceremony is held in the Circle of Immortals.
  • 1986

    Fallen Heroes Day Ceremony

    The first Fallen Heroes Day ceremony is held in the Fallen Heroes Garden.
  • 2007

    The John O. Mitchell Family

    The John O. Mitchell family, owners of the Mitchell-Wiedefeld Funeral Home, Inc. in Rogers Forge, purchased the cemetery.